Having the furniture “like new” is what we all want, especially when you have just bought it. But it is inevitable that with time and use they end up wearing out. Although we also know that if you take good care of your furniture they can last for many years.
We want to give you some tips that will help you keep the furniture as newly bought for longer. And it is very important that you read the indications of the product when you buy it.
How to take care of your wooden furniture
Wood is a long-lasting noble material, but it is also a delicate material that requires some care if you want it to stay in good condition for longer.
- Light, dust and adequate humidity (high or low) are the worst enemies for your wooden furniture. The most important thing is that you always have the wood moistened to prevent it from cracking or flaking. Use the right products for cleaning.
- Another trick to prevent the furniture from staining with light is to move the objects that you put on the furniture, especially the first six weeks. You will prevent the mark of the object from remaining.
- Periodically use a specific wood product. They can be waxes or sprays.
- For daily cleaning, use a damp cloth to remove any traces of dust or dirt. Dry with a dry cloth. If you spill liquid on your wooden furniture, dry it immediately to avoid staining it.
- Don’t put hot objects on them. If your table is made of wood, use coasters, tablecloths or trays.
Tricks to remove stains on your wooden furniture
- Paint stains. If the stain is still fresh, remove it with a damp cloth. If it is dry paint, remove it gently with a plastic spatula or a special wood stripper.
- Candle wax. If the wax is still hot, wait for it to cool or use ice wrapped in plastic to harden it, then gently remove it with the plastic spatula.
- Cracks. There are special pastes for wood, always add a little more as these pastes tend to shrink when they dry. A trick at home is to run a crayon of a similar shade to your wooden furniture into the crack. The pencil will fill in the gap, and you can remove the excess with a putty knife. Be careful, only in small cracks.
Leather furniture is quite delicate, but we have some tips to help you keep it in good condition.
Keep the leather ventilated and hydrated. Use a special leather wax at least once every three months to restore flexibility.
Do not put it directly in a place where the sun shines.
If you have pets, prevention is better than cure, as they can cut or damage leather furniture.
Fabrics and fabrics
Vacuuming at least once a week
Be careful with the sun, it wears out the colours.
Always look at the cleaning instructions, each fabric is different and it is advisable to read the labels. Here we leave you instructions so that you know the meaning of each icon.
Metal furniture or metal parts
It is very important to take care of the metal parts of the furniture because although the furniture is impeccable if the metal areas are opaque or dirty, it will give the furniture an aged appearance.
Never use solvent on the metal parts, it is best to clean it with a damp cloth and a little soap.
In Mugals, in addition to having the furniture solution you need, we are experts in care and decoration, so you can contact us and tell us what your project is. We wait for you in our showroom or contact us through the web or social networks.